p.g. sturges Revealed
About p.g. sturges
What is your birthdate?:2/22
Previous occupations:Submarine sailor, USN. Songwriter. Dimensional metrologist.
Favorite job:Write, songwriter.
High school and/or college:Loyola High School, Los Angeles.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Beatles, Stones, Zep, David Lindley, Pearly King.
Favorite movie:My Fair Lady.
Favorite television show:The Avengers with Diana Rigg and Patrick MacNee.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Love, honor, duty, ambition, compassion, forgiveness, language, music, fun.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. esse quam videre -- to be not to seem to be
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Doing something I love with a person I love. One day, I will find a partner to play a "courting" dulcimer.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Looking into the mirror, seeing someone that didn't measure up.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Time wasted on the way.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. The ability to see a musical score and hear the music in my head.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. I haven't done it yet. But I'm working on it.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Self-serving blindness.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. My sense of humor.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Language.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. John Carter, Warlord of Mars.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. My father. I would thank him for getting me a ticket to the great game.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Waiting in line.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Playing music.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Novelist, film director.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Kindness, truthfulness, forgivness
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Honeydew melon.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. "Turning Point" -- David Lindley, "Loving Cup" -- Rolling Stones, "Torn and Frayed" --Rolling Stones, "Imagine" -- John Lennon, "Lively Up Yourself" -- Bob Marley. "Ghost of a Ghost" -- Pearly King and the Temple Thieves. And many others! Very difficult to limit it to five.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Tolstoy, Henry Fielding, Norman Mailer, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Patrick O'Brian, Mark Twain, Michael Connolly, Asimov, Bob Shaw, Malachi Martin.
And many more slipping my mind this very second.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Ancient Evenings -- Norman Mailer. A Princess of Mars -- Edgar Rice Burroughs. The Aubrey/Maturin novels -- Patrick O'Brian. Foundation Series - Isaac Asimov. War and Peace -- Tolstoy. Orbitsville -- Bob Shaw.
And many more!
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. Ancient Evenings -- Norman Mailer. Mars Series -- Edgar Rice Burroughs. Orbitsville - Bob Shaw.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Don't give up.