What is your birthdate?:9/18
High school and/or college:Howard University
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Prince
Favorite television show:I Love Lucy
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Every day of my life is a gift.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Live life to the fullest while you still have a life to live.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Being able to do what I am passionate about for a living, and witnessing my children grow up.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Failure
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. A private golf villa at the Moon Palace in Cancun, Mexico
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Both of my parents
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. "Oh goodness" and "Shame on it all."
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Wasting too much time in life.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Painting
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Having my children.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Believing that all people have goodness in them.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. My passion for life.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I would not trade my life for anyone or anything else.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My smile
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People who try to insult my intelligence.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Publishing
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Professional Chef
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, Humility, and Kindness
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Pineapple
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. David Valentine Bernard
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Last Dream Before Dawn by D. V. Bernard
Intimate Relations with Strangers by David Valentine Bernard
The Climax by Allison Hobbs
There's Always a Reason by William Fredrick Cooper
Daddy Was a Number Runner by Louis Meriwether
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Value in the Valley by Iyanla Vanzant
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Determination and passion ultimately determine a great writer; not success or money.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. Thanks for making me feel normal.