Vickie M. Stringer Revealed
About Vickie M. Stringer
What is your birthdate?:1/24
Previous occupations:Hustler, bartender
High school and/or college:Detroit's legendary Cass Technical High
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Maxwell
Favorite movie:Lady Sings the Blues, with Diana Ross
Favorite television show:The Wire, The Sopranos
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Busy, Exciting, Challenging, and Fortunate
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. God is a restorer
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. PEACE WITHIN AND OUT.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. GOD’S DISPLEASURE WITH MY LIFE.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. ON THE BEACH IN MEXICO
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. DONALD GOINES
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. MY SON, VALEN STRINGER
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. "Moving forward..."
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. My bad decisions
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. SINGING
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. WRITING MY FIRST BOOK
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. SHORT HAIR
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. The desire to serve
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. An angel
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Determination.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Raven "Red" Gomez, from the "Red" series
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. I'd ask him if he knew he would die young, and if GOD had given him the strength to proceed in the face of darkness.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Disarray
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Publisher
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Publisher
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Character, Sense of Humor, Responsibility.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Cereal
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Anything by Maxwell. I love all of his songs.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Donald Goines, Stephen King, E. Lynn Harris.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Bible, 48 Laws of Power, 22 Immutable Laws of Branding.
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Bible, from cover to cover.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Write from the heart - not from the expectation of being published
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. Why did you end the book as a cliff-hanger - Did this really happen?
- Q. How did you come to write Dirty Red?
- A. The "Red" series was written based upon my closest friends' zany lives.