Simon Majumdar Revealed
About Simon Majumdar
What is your birthdate?:12/1
Previous occupations:Book publisher
Favorite job:my current position in life is what I was always meant to be and do
High school and/or college:Rotherham, South Yorkshire, U.K
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Bach ( Classical) Frank Zappa (Popular)
Favorite movie:A Matter of Life and Death with David Niven
Favorite television show:The Larry Sanders Show
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Eating and capturing it in words and pictures
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Go Everywhere, Eat Everything
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. A T-bone, char on the outside, rare on the inside and an unfeasibly large martini
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. That someone will make me go back to my old job
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. The Philippines
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Anyone who displays generosity and generosity of spirit
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. "Love" and one far too rude to use here
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Not doing what I do now much sooner in life
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I always wanted to play the harpsichord but we could never fit one in our front room
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. That my mother was and my father is proud of me
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Not suffering fools at all
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. See above
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I always wanted to be David Niven to see how it felt to be a gentleman
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Enthusiasm
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Biggles
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Count Fosco (The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins)
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Robin Hood (yes he probably did exist) I'd say "Green? Really?"
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Lack of generosity
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Meeting quirky characters in the food business
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Chairman of Rotherham Utd soccer club
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, generosity and a desire to feed me
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. A Melton Mowbray Pork Pie
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Close Watch by John Cale, Complete Control by The Clash, 4th of July Aimee Mann, Misunderstood by Richard Thompson, It's Different For Girls by Joe Jackson
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Robertson Davies Robert B Parker Peter Carey
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. 5) The Dice Man 4) Catch 22 3) Electric Kool Aid Acid Test 2) The Picture of Dorian Grey 1) Rebel Angels
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Moon's A Ballon
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. If you want to be a writer, write.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. you get paid for this?
- Q. How did you come to write Eat My Globe?
- A. Forty two e-mails to friends and family saying "I HATE MY JOB" were a sign that I perhaps ought to look at some other journey for my life. Food has always been my obsession and so I decided to combine the two and head off around the world to see what the world eats. I have never regretted it for one second. Well, that's not true. I had my doubts when faced with Chinese toilets.