S.G. Browne Revealed
About S.G. Browne
What is your birthdate?:12/20
Previous occupations:Waiter, driver, assistant producer, office manager, property manager
Favorite job:Being a writer.
High school and/or college:Mission San Jose High in Fremont, CA and the University of the Pacific in Stockton, CA
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:The Beatles
Favorite movie:Fight Club
Favorite television show:Seinfeld
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. In eight words? I only get eight words?
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Life is too important to be taken seriously
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Lao Tzu said it best:
"Be content with what you have; rejoice int he way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Being kept alive on life support.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. On a tropical beach under an umbrella with a cold Corona
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. John Lennon. It's the first name that popped into my head.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Charlie Kaufman. I admire his writing and story telling.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. I say "dude" a lot. It's my favorite word.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. I do my best to avoid having regrets. They just get in the way.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. The ability to play a musical instrument
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Having close friends that I've known for more than twenty-five years
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I'm lazy. And I procrastinate. Not a good combination.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I say "please" and "thank you"
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Probably one of my cats
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I'm pretty easy going, and I think that's fairly evident when you meet me
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Indiana Jones (with Ripley from the Alien franchise a close second)
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Darth Vader
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Vincent van Gogh. And I'd simply say "Thank you."
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People who use their cell phones in a movie theater. That includes texting.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. I'm supposed to have another occupation?
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Professional golfer. I've always wanted to walk down the 18th fairway at August on Sunday at The Masters.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, integrity, and the ability to laugh when things go wrong
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. In My Life (The Beatles), This Is The Day (The The), Soul Kitchen (The Doors), Waiting (Green Day), Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Stephen King
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk
Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
The Stand by Stephen King
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. I enjoy re-reading Cat's Cradle and Fahrenheit 451
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Write something that resonates with you on some level, because if it doesn't resonate with you, then it's not going to resonate with anyone else.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. I laughed out loud