Mike Dooley: A Self Portrait
Mike Dooley Revealed
About Mike Dooley
What is your birthdate?:2/7
Previous occupations:Landscaping and mowing as a kid. Tax consultant. T-shirt and gift company president.
Favorite job:Writing and speaking - what I do now.
High school and/or college:St. Petersburg and Gainesville, Florida, respectively.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Presently it is Kanye West!
Favorite television show:Very rarely watch TV, but when I do it is the news or a documentary
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. An adventure into creativity and fun.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Thoughts Become Things... Choose The Good Ones!
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. The feeling I have after having spoken to an appreciative audience.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Not being prepared.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Here, but you expected me to say that. Second fav place might be London.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Those with high ideals.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Richard Branson.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. "Ummmm..." and "Ahhhh......"
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Those times when I didn't speak my mind or take the initiative, because of self-doubt.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. To speak other languages, but I'm working on them!
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Turning away from the corporate world and a large salary, and starting back at zero.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Self doubt.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Courage to dream big and take action in spite of self doubt.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I'm being him now.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Aroma of CAO cigars.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Tarzan.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Jaws.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Jesus. "Too bad about them making a religion around your teachings, huh?"
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People who drive in the passing lane. No, it is not the left lane or the fast lane, it is the passing lane. Beep, beep!
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Travel.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. President of the US
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Integrity, honesty, and the ability to dream of what has not yet been.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Hummus.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Cannon, Born to Run, American Pie, Swan Lake: Swans Return, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Ayn Rand, Jane Roberts (The "Seth" Books), Richard Bach.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Atlas Shrugged, Illusions, The Prophet, Siddhartha, The Nature of Personal Reality
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Only write if you have something you really want to say.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. That they can relate to exactly what I'm sharing.