Michelle Meadows Revealed
About Michelle Meadows
What is your birthdate?:5/4
Previous occupations:I've mostly worked in writing and public relations for my whole career.
Favorite job:Writing books for kids!
High school and/or college:I went to Georgetown Visitation High School in Washington, D.C., and Syracuse University in New York.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:I love Adel
Favorite movie:I love Over the Hedge.
Favorite television show:Grey's Anatomy
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. blessed, simple, happy, sometimes hectic, filled with love
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. good thing there is no limit to the imagination
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Perfect happiness is knowing that my son is happy.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Being lost--which is why I wrote Itsy Bitsy Baby Mouse
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. near a beach
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. I identify with all the brave ones who fought for civil rights.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. I admire my parents.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Totally!
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. No regrets!
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Singing--it would be very cool to have a lovely singing voice.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Writing for children
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I tend to be a perfectionist which means I am hard on myself and may occasionally drive the people around me crazy.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I think I am a considerate person who has compassion for others.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I might like to be a puppy but only for a couple of hours.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Creativity
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Wonder Woman
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. The Joker in Batman
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. I would want to meet Martin Luther King. I'm not sure what I would say--I would be nervous!
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. When someone breaks a promise--I like it when people do what they say they will do. I try to do this myself.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. editing
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. I wish I could write children's books full-time. But for now, I have a day job.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. loyalty, honesty, sincerity
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. pepperoni pizza
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Red, red wine; 1999; Lovesong; Little Red Corvette; Boom Boom Pow
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Eileen Spinelli, Judy Sierra, Judy Blume, Cynthia Rylant
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. 1.Here Comes the Year by Eileen Spinelli
2.Deenie by Judy Blume
3.There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom by Louis Sachar
4.Wild About Books by Judy Sierra
5. The Lighthouse Family by Cynthia Rylant
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Write what you love to read.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. That they love the lyrical quality of my books--quite a compliment!