Kris Kennedy Revealed
About Kris Kennedy
Previous occupations:Psychotherapist; teacher; coordinator for dual diagonsis program; tie-dye shirt maker & seller; dishwasher; waitress; clerk at conveniece store; seller of thorny roses in nightclubs (not a euphemism)
Favorite job:Writer. :) And I got incredible satisfaction in my work as a therapist, doing indiduval and group therapy work.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Oh, there's far too many to choose from. I am a fan of artists from Bach and Pachebel to Elvis and John Denver to Rage Against the Machine and The Foo Fighters.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. A work of love under construction
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Uh-oh. I better get a motto.
On Books and Writing
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. That is too difficult to answer! A lot depends on mood, doesn't it? When I'm the mood for heartwarming stories, my fav 5 are completely different than when I want a thriller.
Hmm, let's see...at this moment, the ones I'm thinking of are:
The Lord of the Rings
Little House on the Prairie (yep, all of them)
Jurassic Park (the first 3/4)
Every story by Walter Farley
Leaving the list with a deep fear I'm missing some important favs....
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. If I like it, I re-read it. Multiple times. Most recently, I've re-read Julie Anne Long's The Perils of Pleasure.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Persistence is the name of the game. If you don't bother to show up at the corner, you'll never be able to get on your bus when it comes rolling by.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. "Love your strong heroines," "to die for hero," "hot, hot hot." :)