Kitty Pilgrim Revealed
About Kitty Pilgrim
What is your birthdate?:8/14
Previous occupations:international correspondent and anchor CNN
Favorite job:writing about the things I experience
High school and/or college:Manhattanville College (undergraduate), Columbia University (graduate)
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Classical, I love early music, Elizabethan, Renaissance, and also the great operas
Favorite movie:The English Patient, Lawrence of Arabia, Now Voyager,Gosford Park
Favorite television show:Any kind of news
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. The voyage is more important than the destination
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Only worry about things with a pulse
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Being with the people you love
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. that any injury should come to my two sons
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. out on the ocean
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Victorian explorers (male and female)
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. our nation's scientists
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. daily unintelligible speech before I have my morning coffee
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. je ne regrette rien
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. flying
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. raising my two sons on my own while pursuing an independent career
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. honesty
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. honesty
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I am still trying to be true to myself
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. my height, I am six feet tall
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. John Sinclair
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Professor Moriarty
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Christopher Columbus
It would be a prime time TV interview asking him how he felt when he discovered the New World.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. bullies - personal, professional, political
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. exploring
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. I have done it. International correspondant and now thriller novelist
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. kindness, courage, integrity
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. french chocolate (pain au chocolate, hot cocoa, chocolate mousse...)you get the picture
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. o mio babbino caro (Puccini) , Better Way (Ben Harper), America the Beautiful (especially the part about "Pilgrim feet") Silent Night,(sung at midnight on Christmas) and Happy Birthday (sung to anyone under the age of four or over the age of 90)
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Freya Stark, Isak Dinesen, Jack London, Ernest Hemingway, Edith Wharton, Anton Chekov, Boris Pasternak, Sommerset Maugham, Leo Tolstoy, Alexandre Dumas....the list is endless.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Out of Africa - Isak Dinesen
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Jules Verne
The Razor's Edge - Sommerset Maugham
A Moveable Feast - Ernest Hemingway
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Arthur Conan Doyle
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. anything by Edith Wharton
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. find your voice, keep going, don't quit
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. I didn't want it to end. I wanted to LIVE in the world you created