Kimberley Freeman Revealed
About Kimberley Freeman
What is your birthdate?:12/22
Previous occupations:I have worked for every major fast food chain
Favorite job:I love my part-time day job now, which is lecturing in writing and medieval literature at University of Queensland
High school and/or college:I went to high school at Redcliffe, on the Queensland coast. I went all the way through to get a PhD at University of Queensland, in Brisbane.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:I love Led Zeppelin and Blondie a lot. At the moment I am really digging Sigur Ros.
Favorite movie:The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Favorite television show:30 Rock
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Working class girl was smarter than she thought
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Kiss slowly and forgive quickly
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Snuggled inside on a cold, rainy day, reading a book.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Something bad happening to my children.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Apart from home? Maybe in a pub somewhere on the Cornish coast.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Mary Shelley
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My mum
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. I swear too much!
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Not taking up the offer of studying literature at Oxford in 1999
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Playing piano
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Pulling myself out of working class/alcoholic father misery.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Workaholic tendencies.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I'm kind. I think kindness is underrated.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I'd be me. How boring is that! Though I guess it would be nice to be a bird living near the sea.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I smile a lot.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Scarlett O'Hara, of course!!
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Hannibal Lecter...
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. I would like to meet Elizabeth the first, and I would probably ask her if it was true she was a virgin ;)
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Passive aggressive people.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Reading! I also love computer role playing games because I am a nerd.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. I'm doing it.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Kindness, humour, wisdom.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Cheese. It's the perfect food. Though I would like some crackers to go with it.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Hoppipolla (Sigur Ros); Over the Hills and Far Away (Led Zeppelin); Happiness (Goldfrapp); Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles); Heart of Glass (Blondie)
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Marian Keyes, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Robin Hobb, Georgette Heyer, Neil Gaiman, Victoria Holt
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Mists of Avalon (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
A Woman of Substance (Barbara Taylor Bradford)
The Brightest Star in the Sky (Marian Keyes)
Coraline (Neil Gaiman)
The Veil of Gold (Kim Wilkins) (I'm being cheeky: that's my book under a different name ;))
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. I've read Jane Eyre several times
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Do the work.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. I couldn't put it down, I read it in a day. Which is annoying because it took me a year to write!