Kelly Keaton Revealed
About Kelly Keaton
Previous occupations:Equine neo-natal nurse, groom, waitress, movie projectionist and theater manager, copy editor, scooper of ice cream, seller of men's underwear...
Favorite job:Author! Next would be the equine nurse: helping to bring foals into the world and caring for them = amazing job.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Vivaldi
Favorite movie:The Fifth Element, Gladiator, The Mummy, Ladyhawke, Excalibur... I cannot name just one!
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. A sunny day outdoors with my family after a good night's sleep.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My mom. Her strength is incredible, and her perseverance and commitment to family are things I can only hope to emulate.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Just. Apparently. OMG & LOL (but I'm working on those addictions!)
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Self doubt
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Tenacity
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. An immortal. Kelly, Goddess of Thunderstorms, Horses & Autumn.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Merlin
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Selfishness & Meaness
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Archaeologist
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Potatoes, because then I'd have options. :-)
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Marion Zimmer Bradley, Mary Stewart, Margaret George, C.S. Lewis, Tolkien, Anne Rice, Graham Hancock, Libba Bray, Lynn Kurland, Diana Gabaldon, Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Cassandra Clare, Walter Farley...
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Black Stallion.
Interview with the Vampire
A Wrinkle in Time
The Mists of Avalon
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. There is no one 'right' way to write a book, everyone's process is different, so keep reading and writing, and once you're done one story, start another!