Jenny Han Revealed
About Jenny Han
What is your birthdate?:9/3
Previous occupations:Olive Garden server, bookseller, paid companion
Favorite job:paid companion-- it involved a lot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and brownies and talking about boys.
High school and/or college:Governor's School for Government and International Studies, UNC Chapel Hill
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Otis Redding
Favorite movie:Almost Famous
Favorite television show:My So-Called Life, now and forever
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. I might just be the luckiest girl ever.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. dismemberment
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Hawaii
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Pippi Longstocking
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. delicious!
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. dancing
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I always know what time it is. And I am also verrrry persuasive. So watch out.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Atticus Finch
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Lucifer the cat from Cinderella
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. nail polish namer
On Books and Writing
- Q. How did you come to write Shug?
- A. Shug began as a writing exercise in college. The class was called Writing for Children, and my teacher used to put a writing prompt up on the board. I was feeling particularly nostalgic for end of summer days and neighborhood boys.