Heather Henson Revealed
About Heather Henson
What is your birthdate?:12/18
Previous occupations:Editor; freelance writer.
Favorite job:Writing books.
High school and/or college:Danville Highschool in Danville, Kentucky; The New School For Social Research in New York City.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Bach.
Favorite movie:Terminator 2.
Favorite television show:Project Runway.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. A "Green Acres" remake plus three.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Be true to yourself.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Getting enough sleep every single night.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. I am afraid of spiders.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Greece.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Zelda Fitzgerald.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My mom.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. But. I like something, but....
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Not traveling more when I was younger.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Playing guitar.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Overcoming my fear of flying.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Being stubborn.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Being stubborn.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. A horse.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My laugh.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. I don't like the bad guys.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Amelia Earhart: What really happened? Did you crash into the ocean, or did you live on a deserted island for the rest of your life?
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. When drivers don't use their turn signals.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Being a mom.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Being a rock star.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, generosity, the ability to laugh at yourself.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Warm blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream on top.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. No Woman No Cry -- Bob Marley; In My Life -- The Beatles; Challengers -- The New Pornographers; Private Life Drama -- The Pretenders; Avalon -- Roxy Music.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Alice Munro; Raymond Carver; Andrea Barrett; Michael Ondaatji; Tim Winton; Denis Johnson; Patricia MacLachlan; Lois Lowry; Kate DiCamillo; Jane Austen; F. Scott Fitzgerald; James Still...the list goes on and on!!!!
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Little Bear by Else Minarik The Facts and Fictions of Minna Pratt by Patricia MacLachlan The Moons of Jupiter by Alice Munro Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Ship Fever by Andrea Barrett
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. All of them.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Be able to cut the sentence you love the most.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. All your books are so different.
- Q. How did you come to write That Book Woman?
- A. I found an old black and white photograph of a woman on horseback carrying books up a mountain in her saddlebag. I was hooked. I wanted to find out more about "that book woman."