Frank C. Matthews Revealed
About Frank C. Matthews
What is your birthdate?:7/13
Previous occupations:Street Hustler
Favorite job:Writing novels
High school and/or college:I went to John Bowne High School in Queens NY, and attended Skidmore University and Stony Brook University
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:That would be Prince
Favorite movie:Once Upon a Time in America
Favorite television show:First 48
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. A star studded romantic crime drama
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. God worte the script, I'm only playing my part
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. First making peace with your God. Relaxing somewhere you love to be while knowing that everyone you love is doing great. William Fulkner
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Dying without leaving something behind that will make my children lives better.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. In Egypt standing before the pyramids
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. John D. Rockefeller
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. President Barack Obama
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Let's get it done
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Not beginning to write sooner
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Playing the guitar
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Being in my children life and raising them
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I can become blinded by my ambition
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. My loyalty to others
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. People say my work ethic
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. The Joker
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. I would love to meet William Faulkner and I would say to him "please help me become a better writer."
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Clutter
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. A boxer
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Loyalty, respect, and honor.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Salmon
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Trouble Man by Marvin Gaye, Purple Rain by Prince, I Shot the Sheriff by Bob Marley, Adore by Prince, and Beat It by Michael Jackson
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Donald Goines, William Jonhstone, Stephen King, Iceberg Slim, Maya Angelo, and Me
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Bible, 48 Laws of Power, The Art of War, Things Fall Apart, Pimp the Story of My Life
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. 48 Laws of Power
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Put at least one hour a day into writing.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. I couldn't put the book down