Elizabeth Harper: A Self Portrait
Elizabeth Harper Revealed
About Elizabeth Harper
What is your birthdate?:3/2
Previous occupations:Intensive Care Nurse, Beach Bar Owner, Personal Assistant & Assitant healer to Matthew Manning
Favorite job:Creating my Rainbow Spirit Jewelry, especially the personal designs
High school and/or college:England
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Deva Premal
Favorite movie:Star Wars
Favorite television show:The Closer
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Exciting, Colorful, Educational, Blessed, Spiritual, Loving, Wonderful, Fun
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. I am blessed
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Being and living with unconditional love
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Powerlessness
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Here
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Fiction: Elizabeth Bennett / Non FIction: Emily Bronte
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Oprah
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Sorry
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Not writing down everything my mother taught me, she was an encyclopoedia of spiritual knowledge.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. The ability to heal everyone and everything of all pain, sorrow, and sickness.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. The one I am most proud of is writing and publishing my Wishing book. The one I love the most because I get to play with color is my ColorScope. On a personal level my greatest achievement is marrying my husband Win.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Daydreaming - although the best daydreamers are the best psychics so it's apparently a career plus!
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. My ability to love
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. My first choice would be myself, close second would be the ocean
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My sense of humor
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Indiana Jones
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. The Godfather
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Jesus - tell me everything you know
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Negativity
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Playing
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Musician
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Spirituality, Love, Honesty
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Cheese
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. IZ: Somewhere over the rainbow/ Deva Premal:Gayatri Mantra/ Joan Osborne: What If God Was One of Us/ Kate Bush: Lily/ Natasha Bedingfield: These Words
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Fiction: Jane Austen, Paulo Coelho Non Fiction: Ivy Northage, Judy Hall, Deepak Chopra, John Perkins, Elizabeth Lesser, Christopher Penczak, Stacey Wolf, Brett Bevell, Steven Cleaver, Suzane Northrop, Donna Eden, Caroline Myss, Murdo MacDonald Bayne, Marianne Williamson
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. The more you write the better your writing will be.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. More often than not I hear from people whose lives have been changed as a consequence of reading my book or my newsletter or one of the color interpretations on my ColorScope. It makes everything I do worthwhile.
- Q. How did you come to write Wishing?
- A. I wrote Wishing nine years ago, because I wanted to share my knowledge, experience, and understanding of how we create and manifest everything in our lives. I was fortunate, my mother was a yogini one of the pioneers of yoga in the UK. She taught me yogi philosophies and this wisdom is now the basis of many New Age books and teachings. So I felt an urge to share this, but in a grounded and practical way. I regard Wishing as a recipe book. Similar books just contain the ingredients but no recipes making Wishing one of the most practical books on the market - and one of the most beautiful.