Elana Johnson Revealed
About Elana Johnson
What is your birthdate?:12/11
Previous occupations:Teacher, secretary, cookie line worker, hot cook. Hey, we all start at the bottom, right? Right.
Favorite job:Authoring, hands down.
High school and/or college:I graduated from Sky View High School, and then attended four colleges before graduating: Utah State University, Utah Valley State College (now UVU), Brigham Young University, and Southern Utah University. In that order. So yeah -- never give up.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:The Script and Maroon 5
Favorite movie:Two Weeks Notice
Favorite television show:The Office and/or Survivor
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Mother, teach, drive, write, eat, read, breathe, zzzzzz.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. "Whatever you are...be a good one." ~Abraham Lincoln
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Perfect happiness is being content with where you are right now, even if it changes from moment to moment.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Dogs, or maybe ducks. No, definitely heights.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. The White Cliffs of Dover.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Well, "really" for sure. And if we're talking blog posts, "dude" and "okay" for sure.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Keeping some secrets that should've been spilled.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I really wish I could play the piano.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. My two children.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. My tendency toward OCD.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Tenacity? Sure, tenacity.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Jell-O.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My laugh. I even won an award for it in high school. True that.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Frodo Baggins.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Lord Voldemort.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Slow drivers.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Housewiving.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Farmer. There's something about walking through tall corn.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, humor, and perseverance.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Pepperoni pizza with ranch dressing.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Well, they change from month to month. Right now, "Whattya Want From Me?" by Adam Lambert, "Breathe" by Anna Nalick, "The Man Who Could Not Be Moved" by The Script, "Never There" by Cake, and anything by Maroon 5.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Scott Westerfeld, Elizabeth Scott, Suzanne Collins, Carrie Ryan, Maggie Steifvater, John Green, Simone Elkeles, Mary E. Pearson, and Neal Shusterman. Just to name a few off the top of my head, since I could go on and on and on...
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson. The Giver by Lois Lowry. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson.
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. Harry Potter, for sure.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. "Never give up! Never surrender!" ~Galaxy Quest