Dylan Evans Revealed
About Dylan Evans
What is your birthdate?:9/29
Previous occupations:Teacher, psychoanalyst, entrepreneur
Favorite job:I prefer being self-employed
High school and/or college:London School of Economics
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Mozart
Favorite movie:Apocalypse Now
Favorite television show:Mad Men
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. An apparently random walk with an underlying narrative
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. To succeed more often, double your failure rate
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Perfect happiness is not a state but a process of continual growth and development. I'm only really happy when I'm learning new things and thinking new thoughts.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Becoming bitter and twisted
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. In a remote villa in the Alpujarras in Spain
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Giacomo Casanova - not because of his many affairs, but because he was a risk taker
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Erik Prince
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Interesting
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Writing frivolous articles for the media
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Mindreading
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Rebuilding my life after a nervous breakdown
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Insensitivity to other peoples' feelings
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Enthusiasm
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Me
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Creativity
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Lemuel Gulliver
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Charles Montgomery Burns
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. The teenage Adolf Hitler: "Don't give up painting."
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People who think they know more than they really do
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. DJing
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Football coach
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Bravery, curiosity and imagination
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Tacos
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Jonathan Swift, Joris-Karl Huysmans, Saki, Oscar Wilde, Vladimir Nabokov
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Gulliver's Travels, Against Nature, Lolita, The Story of My Life (Casanova), The Odyssey
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Odyssey
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Imagine your book on display in your favorite bookshop
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. You write very clearly