Dr. Craig Martin: A Self Portrait
Dr. Craig Martin Revealed
About Dr. Craig Martin
What is your birthdate?:11/15
Previous occupations:Chef, Chiropractor, Homeopath, Astrologer, Minister
Favorite job:Astrologer and Spiritual Advisor
High school and/or college:John Jay HS - Cross River, NY - Sacred Hearth Univ., Bridgeport, CT
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Neil Young
Favorite movie:Lord of the Rings
Favorite television show:From the past - All in the Family, From the present - The Closer
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. As a quest for truth, love, and compassion.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Be real - All good things come from that.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Sitting by a warm fireplace in a mountain cabin on a snowy evening, with my love, my dog, a glass of red wine, and an action/thriller on the DVD player!
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Death by Chocolate
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Cape Cod
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Thomas Jefferson
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Kind-hearted people
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Right?
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Any incidences of being unforgiving
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Even mediocre piano playing would be great
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Self-acceptance
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Impatience
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Insight
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. A bird in flight
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Enthusiasm
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Iron Man
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Favorite? Least Favorite? Sauron
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. It would be Aesop, and I would ask him to tell me a story!
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Rudeness
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Astrologer
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Spiritual sites adventure guide
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, Curiosity, and Spiritual Awareness
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Seafood
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Pink Moon, Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, Comes A Time, Come Rain or Come Shine, Fly Me to the Moon
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. John Steinbeck, Jack London, James Ellroy, Rick Bass, Andrew Vachss, Jamie Sams, Howard Sasportas, Liz Greene, A T Mann, Robert Louis Stevenson, Richard Bach, James Redfield, Neale Donald Walsch, Robert Hand
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. East of Eden
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
The Round Art
Conversations with God
Call of the Wild
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Enlightened Heart: An Anthology of Sacred Poetry
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. First you must write, then you can worry about if it's good enough.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. How much their relationships have improved, and how happy they are about that.
- Q. How did you come to write Elemental Love Styles?
- A. Writing this book was first a personal goal - to figure out how relationships work out. From there - I was motivated to write Elemental Love Styles for my family, friends and utimately the good people in my private practice - people who were struggling to find love, just like I had.