Diane Lee Wilson Revealed
About Diane Lee Wilson
What is your birthdate?:6/7
Previous occupations:Assistant horse trainer, welder, veterinary assistant, advertising copywriter
Favorite job:I'm doing it!
High school and/or college:Rock Island H.S., University of Iowa
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Alicia Keys
Favorite movie:Love Actually
Favorite television show:Gilmore Girls
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Each happy morning: What will I learn today?
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. "This above all: to thine ownself be true."
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. A stack of literature, a pot of coffee, and no deadlines.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. My To Do List will exceed My Lifetime
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. The Orkney Islands
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Beryl Markham
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Barack Obama
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. "Give me ten more minutes."
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. I don't believe in regret.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. To fly.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. The relationship I have with my daughter.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Impatience.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Open-mindedness.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Who I am becoming.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Inquisitiveness.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Hazel (from Watership Down)
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. The Outsider (from Watchers)
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Elizabeth I--How did you maintain the self-confidence to rule under such adversity?
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Xenophobia.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Research.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Olympic-level equestrian trainer/competitor
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Integrity, perseverance, kindness.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Anything dipped in coffee.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. The Minnow and The Trout (A Fine Frenzy), Here, There and Everywhere (The Beatles), Funeral For a Friend (Elton John), Rockferry (Duffy), Going Under (Evanescence)
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Amy Tan, Anne Tyler
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Gilead (Robinson), Lonesome Dove (McMurtry), The Remains of the Day (Ishiguro), To Kill a Mockingbird (Lee), Watership Down (Adams).
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. There are too many books I've not yet read!
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Firmly muzzle the editor inside your head.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. I really liked your story!