Dan Elconin: A Self Portrait
Dan Elconin Revealed
About Dan Elconin
What is your birthdate?:12/17
Favorite job:Probably this one.
High school and/or college:Steele Canyon High School and UCLA.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Changes frequently. Currently: Afroman.
Favorite movie:Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
Favorite television show:Family Guy.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Words are my life. So word limits suck.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Giggity.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. I’d be perfectly happy if everyone in the world was perfectly happy.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. My friends and family dying.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. On a curvy road in a brand-new Corvette Z06 or BMW M3.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Mark Twain, who said, among many other things I agree with, “A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read.”
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Anyone who has suffered too much in their life and is still smiling. And Chuck Norris.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. “Suck it, Trebek!”
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Being too harsh with my sister sometimes.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Telekinesis. Or cooking. Or cooking using telekinesis.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. My nose is kinda big.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. My sense of humor.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My humility. And my love of sarcasm.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Andrew “Ender” Wiggin.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Commodus in Gladiator. Followed closely by Stewie Griffin.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. George Washington Carver. And assuming I could speak through my tears, I would say to him, “Thank you.”
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Censorship. Annoys the %?#& outta me.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Playing sports, especially soccer.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Either a professional soccer player, a writer/driver for Car and Driver, or a ninja.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. My sense of humor, my work ethic, and my ego.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. A bullet. I love food too much.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Changes frequently. Currently: "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" by The Temptations, "I Want You Back" by Michael Jackson, "Inside Peanut Butter, Outside Jelly" by Cadillac Don, "Changes" by Tupac, and "I'm On A Boat" by The Lonely Island.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. JK Rowling, Orson Scott Card, Harlan Coben, Stephen King.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Ender’s Game and Ender’s Shadow, the Harry Potter series, The Shining, and Jurassic Park.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. Hard to say. My parents talk to me a lot.