Corrine Jackson Revealed
About Corrine Jackson
What is your birthdate?:5/20
Previous occupations:Pizza maker, pub hostess, graphic designer, and marketer.
Favorite job:Writing. All the way, no contest.
High school and/or college:I went to A.B. Miller High School in Fontana, California. I have a bachelor’s in English from CSU, Los Angeles, a master’s in English from CSU, Fullerton, and soon an MFA in Creative Writing from Spalding University. I like degrees, although my diplomas are packed away in boxes somewhere.
Favorite television show:I’m almost afraid to say. Anytime I love a show, it’s almost guaranteed to get cancelled. Right now, the one show I never miss is Haven on the Syfy channel. It’s a summer show based on a Stephen King novel about all the creepy things happening in a small town.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Caffeinated, cheerful, and forever tethered to the internet.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Laugh at yourself. Often.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Bouncy houses. I was once in a bouncy house when someone unplugged the machine inflating it. Only the shame I would've felt at falling apart in front of several children allowed me to keep it together.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Awesome and Dude. Hey, what can I say? I grew up in Southern California.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. That I never took music lessons. I’m pretty sure I’d be a virtuoso piano or violin player, despite my lack of musicality.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I want to be one of those freaky talented people who can pick up any instrument and play it. Can you tell I’m obsessed with this? Last year, I bought a guitar and was very disappointed when I couldn’t instantly play it.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Um, getting published. To dream of something all your life, and then see that dream come true? It reduced me to a crying, laughing mess.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Silliness.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Probably my laugh. I laugh often.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Inconsiderate people. I think you should try to be aware of those around you and consider how your actions affect them. I especially hate when someone is made to feel left out of a group.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Sleeping. Oh man, I love my bed and curling up in it for hours and hours, all toasty warm and drowsy and daydreaming about my next book.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Writing. Isn’t it wild that I get to live out my fantasy?
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Kindness, a sense of humor, and the ability to be still and listen.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
Laurie HalseAnderson, Sara Zarr, Emily Dickinson, Charles Dickens, Shakespeare, JenniferCrusie, Gayle Forman, JK Rowling, and Charlotte Bronte.
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. I love to reread both Jennifer Crusie's Bet Me and Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre. They’re like great comfort food.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Work at improving, and don’t give up!