Cecilia Samartin: A Self Portrait
Cecilia Samartin Revealed
About Cecilia Samartin
What is your birthdate?:9/23
Previous occupations:I currently work as a psychotherapist, but I was also a counselor at a locked psychiatric facility, a floater scrambler at a UCLA food facility (don't ask), a book store clerk at UCLA when I couldn't take floating and scrambling anymore, and a department store clerk.
Favorite job:I still work as a psychotherapist, and I love it!
High school and/or college:South Pasadena High School, and then UCLA where I received a degree in pscyhology and Santa Clara University where I received my masters in Counseling Psychology.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Gershwin, and my favorite singer is Ella Fitzgerald
Favorite television show:American Idol - I'm an addict!
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Faith, family, work, and a commitment to laughter.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Dare to dream
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. The deep hearted sense that I'm living my life, and fulfilling my purpose.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Losing the people I love.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Actually, I'm exactly where I want to be right now, at home, sitting in favorite chair with my dog, Tobi, at my feet. I do love to travel, but I've become quite a home body too!
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Anne Frank. I read her diary when I was thirteen years old and this remains one of the most moving reading experiences of my life. Although I didn't realize it until years later, she is the one who first inspired me to write.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My father. He is the most noble man I have ever known.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. "I've been thinking..." and "Has anyone seen my glasses?"
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I would love to be able to play classical guitar like Christopher Parkening.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. I'm still working on it.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I'm too critical with myself and others sometimes.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. When I'm not being too critical, I can see the best in others and sometimes in myself too.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I'm told that I have a warm and welcoming smile.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Jean Valjean, Les Miserables
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Gollum from Lord of the Rings because he blurs the line between victim and villan.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. When I'm on the phone and someone in the room starts talking to me at the same time...I find that very annoying!
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Taking long walks while listening to music on my ipod.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Concert Pianist or singer songwriter
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Integrity, kindness, courage
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Eggs, scrambled, fried or poached. I just love eggs!
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Summertime (Gershwin), Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeplin), The Impossible Dream (Man of La Mancha), Edelweiss (Sound of Music), Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters(Elton John), Romeo and Juliet (Dire Straights)