Carol Higgins Clark Revealed
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. If I put it in a book, nobody would believe it! Hey, that's eleven words!
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Never lose your sense of humor. Tomorrow could be worse.
On Books and Writing
- Q. How did you come to write Dashing Through the Snow?
- A. My mother and I decided to write another Christmas book and had always been intrigued by the stories of co-workers who win the lottery together. So we decided to center the book around a group of friends who work at a market and win the lottery -- right after they were denied their holiday bonus! They want to share the pot with a co-worker who didn't throw in his dollar, but he's missing. Now that the book is out I heard from a reader who sent me a story about a group of lottery winners who are being sued by four fellow co-workers who said that they should share in the money. In our book, the drawing was December 11th. This particular group won on December 12th. As I said, we were always interested in the dynamics of groups who win the lottery together! It will be interesting to see how this real life lottery drama plays out.