Anita Folsom Revealed
About Anita Folsom
What is your birthdate?:2/26
Previous occupations:I have worked in politics, real estate, as a piano teacher, and as a history professor
Favorite job:Being a mom
High school and/or college:Mayfield High School in Mayfield, Kentucky; Mississippi University for Women, and Murray State University
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:I enjoy lots of different composers: Handel, Mozart, Barry Manilow, Charlotte Church
Favorite movie:I can't pick just one: The Fugitive, Patton, The King's Speech
Favorite television show:I don't watch much mainstream tv. Probably history documentaries.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. I like to stay busy and family-centered
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. With God, all things are possible.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Barbara Tuchman, William Manchester, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Daphne Du Maurier, Robert Caro
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Bible; The Guns of August; Alone: The Last Lion; Rebecca; To Kill a Mockingbird
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. Rebecca
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. "Advancement will come with hard work." I read that as a fortune in a fortune cookie just as I was beginning to write FDR Goes to War. It is a true statement.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. "This book is extensively researched."