Andrea Perry Revealed
About Andrea Perry
What is your birthdate?:9/10
Previous occupations:MH Residential Program Coordinator, Library aide, Coordinator of Museum Volunteers, Children's Hospital Clinic Secretary
Favorite job:Writing Children's Books
High school and/or college:Mt. Lebanon High School, Carlow College, University of Pittsburgh
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Earth, Wind and Fire
Favorite movie:Annie Hall
Favorite television show:Big Bang Theory or Dirty Jobs
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Never know what to expect!
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. There is bound to be humor everywhere; just gotta know where to find it!
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Being surrounded by people who love you.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Having all my future manuscripts rejected!
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. With my two children in Florida.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Really, very, like, unbelievably
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Starting this questionaire and seeing the variety of questions I was not expecting.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Play the drums
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. My two children.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I am not tough enough.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. My humor.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. A palm tree maybe? Close enough to see the ocean every day, but still able to withstand hurricane force winds.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Yertle the Turtle
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Celebrity children's book authors - ugh!!
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Mother, I guess, but aren't we mothers even when writing?
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. I would love to research all those off-beat facts on the Snapple lids.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Humility, humor, intelligence
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Respect, Aretha Franklin; Funeral for a Friend, Elton John; If I Loved You, from "Carousel"; Anything from the WICKED soundtrack!; California Dreamin', The Mamas and the Papas
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Anne Tyler, Robert Parker, Ed McBain, Laura Lippman, Alice Hoffman, James Lee Burke, Carl Hiaasen, John Sandford
Children's Authors: Dr. Seuss, Jack Prelutsky, Douglas Florian, Mo Willems, Jane Yolen
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, Diary of Anne Frank, Blink, When Bad Things Happen to Good People
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. No
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Join a writer's critiique group
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. They wonder where in the world I get my ideas!